Join Our Team!
You will find amazing talent at the Bijou Theatre Center – on our stage and throughout our dedicated staff. If you are friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and seek employment in an environment where you can impact the experience and help create everlasting memories for thousands of guests, the Bijou Theatre might be the place for you!
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Type: Full Time Salary
Days/Hours: Must be able to work evenings, weekends, or holiday hours as needed
Oversees the planning and execution of scheduled events, including pre-event preparation, front of house supervision, patron services, artist relations, and coordinating with other venue staff to ensure the smooth and profitable operation of events. This includes organizing and coordinating security, ushers, concession sales, and box office on the day of the performance or event and providing customer service to patrons in attendance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with all rental clients – manage calendar dates, issue rental leases, coordinate announce and on sale with client and internal staff via Promoter Ops/showsheets
- Serve as the on-site House Manager on the day or night of each event and including load-in/tech/rehearsal days. This includes evening and weekend hours in addition to daytime office hours.
- Coordinate with Tech Director to advance rental client’s and artist’s needs for events – responsible for managing and fulfilling non-technical needs such as catering/hospitality, transportation, merchandising, ticketing, meet and greets, and artist settlement
- Schedule and supervise event staff: ushers, KPD, security, bartenders, cleaning crew, show runners and merchandise sellers
- Order, receive, and reconcile all concessions inventory and theatre merchandise with an emphasis on increasing theatre’s ancillary revenue per show. Sends regular sales reports to Executive Director and Business Manager
- Manage and maintain Point of Sale equipment and software
- Use best efforts to minimize show costs and drive show revenue while delivering a first class experience for artists and patrons
- Assist with fundraising and educational events such as the Summer Acting Camp, Bijou Imagination Series, and annual Jubilee Fundraiser
- Ensure marquees and promotional posters are up to date
- Work with Facilities Manager to ensure the building is clean, safe, comfortable, and in good repair for guests, artists, and staff
- Set and uphold safety and security policies and procedures to protect patrons, artists, and staff throughout all phases of event production and execution
- Review artist contracts to ensure their fulfillment on day-of-show
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: This job description describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills
- An associate’s degree or higher, and at least three years of management experience in either retail, restaurant, or hospitality field OR five years of related management experience
- Experience providing direction and supervision to staff, with direct report responsibility
- Enthusiasm for creating incredible guest and client experiences
- Exceptional real time problem solving skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends for all scheduled events.
- Must be able to work extended shifts (12+ hours), lift 50+ pounds, and be on feet for long periods of time.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits and vacation package.
To Apply: Interested candidates must send a cover letter and resume in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line BIJOU OPERATIONS MANAGER POSITION. No phone calls or visits. Not all applicants will be contacted.
The Bijou Theatre Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in working part-time for the Bijou Theatre as an usher, bartender, runner, or evening box office associate? Fill out this form to be considered.
Interested in working security for events at the Bijou Theatre? Our security contractor, Axis Security, is currently hiring. Please note, by applying for an unarmed security guard position you will be applying for employment with our contractor, not directly for the Bijou Theatre.